Our TVYO agreement:
Thames Vale Youth Orchestra will try at all times to:
1. Provide players with orchestral playing experience that stretches them technically and musically
2. Allow players to make music with some of the best musicians of this age-group in the area.
3. Give players professional tutoring of a high standard in sectional rehearsals.
4. Teach players some of the repertoire of orchestral music of the late 19th and 20th centuries, helping them to perform this to a high standard.
5. Give players experience of a wide variety of musical styles and influences.
6. Provide rehearsals that are well regulated and disciplined, but also relaxed and enjoyable.
7. Create a safe and positive environment for rehearsals and social interaction.
8. Inform players and parents/guardians about rehearsal schedules, programmes and concerts and also of other opportunities locally and nationally to participate as a player
9. Give players the opportunity to take part in other musical events to widen their experience of music making.
10. Provide references to support further studies as requested.
In return, all players are expected to:
1. Make a commitment to play in TVYO for the whole season (September – May)
2. Prioritise the two TVYO concerts each year (December and May) and to be prepared to give priority to orchestra rehearsals, except for important school commitments.
3. Arrive promptly for rehearsal, and to be ready to play by the advertised start time.
4. Notify the Musical Director of any absences as far in advance as possible.
5. Study the music, prepare for rehearsals and as far as possible, master any technical difficulties quickly.
6. Concentrate during rehearsals, working constructively with the Musical Director and sectional tutors.
7. Keep all electronic equipment (including mobile phones) switched off during rehearsals.
8. Behave considerately throughout rehearsals and concerts.
9. Bring any concerns promptly to the attention of the Musical Director or TVYO helpers.
10. Contribute ideas for improving the TVYO experience including the good management of the orchestra.
Please also take note of our Anti-Bullying Policy, our Child Protection Policy, and our Health and Safety Policy. These are made available for everyone to read under the TVYO Policies section of the website.